Read The New Idealist Issue Six here or by clicking on the cover above (PDF Version). Depending on your browser the issue will either open in an online PDF viewer (click the ‘save’ icon at the bottom of the page to download), or will automatically download to your device.
Space required – 1.2 MB.
Key points discussed in the issue include:
- Autism; The Clinical View with Stan Lapidus, CEO of SynapDx Corp who is currently leading the world’s largest autism clinical study to evaluate its new blood test designed to identify autistic children at a younger age.
- The Diagnosis Crisis: An analysis of the diagnostic process and why autistic adults find it so difficult to get diagnosed in the UK.
- Autism; The Clinical View: An exploration of Simon Baron-Cohen’s views on the potential introduction of a prenatal test for autism.
- Temple Grandin: Autism, Innovation & the Secrets of Silicon Valley.
- The Autism Scandal: Why Autism Speaks doesn’t speak for Autistic People.
- The Autistic Civil Rights Movement: The Long Road Ahead by Lydia Brown.
- The Strengths of Autism by Michael Barton.
- A Different View of Autism: Exploring the concepts of autism and neurodiversity with Damian Milton.
- Autism & Empathy: Autism, empathy, and the mind-blindness of everyday people by Karla McLaren.
- A Different View of Autism: 19 year old Nathan Foy and the Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area.
- The 2009 Autism Act: Autistic UK’s Message to Government.
- Autism in the Workplace: A look at new initiatives to welcome autism in the workplace.
- The Biggest Misconception of All? An assessment of why autism is classified as a ‘Mental Disorder’.
- What is Autism? A guide to the myths, strengths and challenges of autism.
ISSUE SIX ONLINE EXTRA
- Ask autism: How the National Autistic Society let Greed get in the way of its Goals (Follow-up interview with Mark Lever, Chief Executive of the National Autistic Society can be read at AmIAutistic.com here)
- The New Idealist VS The Daily Mail
- Autism The Autistic View: The Long Road Ahead for the Autistic Rights Movement By Lydia Brown
- Autism The Autistic View: With Temple Grandin on Autism, Innovation & the secrets of Silicon Valley
- A Different View of Autism from Nathan Foy and the Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area
- Autism The Clinical View: Simon Baron-Cohen on not taking his own AQ Test & His views on Prenatal Screening for Autism
- Autism: The Clinical View with Stan Lapidus, CEO of SynapDx Corp
- Autism The Clinical View: A Conversation with Jonathan Green – The ‘Other’ British Autism Academic
- Autism The Autistic View: The Strengths of Autism By Michael Barton
- Autism The Autistic View: Discourse and disposition: exploring the concepts of autism and neurodiversity By Damian E M Milton
- Autism The Clinical View: A Tsunami of Need By Ernst VanBergeijk, Ph.D.
- Autism The Clinical View: What is Autism by Dr. Sarah Cassidy
- Autism The Clinical View: What is Autism by Kim Painter, Ph.D.
JOIN THE MAIL LIST TO BE NOTIFIED OF THE NEXT SPECIAL EDITION OF THE NEW IDEALIST
HELP FUND THIS SITE
The New Idealist issues are available free of charge and this site carries no advertising. If you would like to make a contribution to keep this site going and support future editions of The New Idealist you can do so via PayPal here.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW IDEALIST BACK ISSUES FREE
Issue Seven: The New Future Issue (Annual Special Edition)
Issue Six: The Autism Issue
Issue Five: The Doomsday Edition (Extreme Weather Special)
Issue Four: The Issue We’re All Talking About (Guest Edited by the actress Jodhi May)
Issue Three: Has Obama been corrupted by the machine?
Issue Two: IQ VS EQ – Is Emotional Intelligence what you need to succeed in the digital age?
Issue One: Downwardly Mobile? Will the next generation find it harder to reach the next level?